Friday, December 27, 2019

New 5k PR

Before the decade is out, I have a few goals, one being to run 5k in under 20 minutes. This morning I did just that while looking out over this sprawling mining community deep inside the Arctic Circle.

We have now been in Kiruna for a whole week and, as in the past, I have really appreciated this time away from everything. On a clear day like today, you can even see the Kebnekaise massif with Sweden’s highest mountain at the horizon, as a subtle hint at future adventures. Yet, given the amount of snow on the ground right now, it has been harder than I thought to find enough vertical meters but hopefully I will be able to complete Strava's 2,000 meters running climbing challenge in the few days that still remain of 2019.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home