Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Ticketed

It has been a long time comin’ but finally Ally got her vacation approved so now Beirut is booked and ticketed. This means that I will end 2019 as I started it, by running a road marathon to the sounds of “Allahu Akbar” and “Bon courage”.

Lebanon. For decades have I dreamt of going there. After travelling with Ally to Tel Aviv last year, my curiosity only grew, and even if our time on the ground will be short (as it always is in the life of a parent), I am very excited to add another piece to my Middle Eastern puzzle following my numerous visits to the Arabian Peninsula.

As for the running, the course will mostly follow the Mediterranean with a total climb of about 300 meters. Right now, I am planning to use my Asics Nimbus 20 that I have used for my previous three road marathons but of course I am tempted to invest in a new pair of Hoka Carbon X or Nike Vaporfly. Instead of new shoes though, I think I will spend my money on going to the pool more often in order to save my knees and Achilles tendons.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home