Monday, January 28, 2019

Marrakech International Marathon

It is Monday morning in Morocco and I can barely walk. Yesterday, I completed Marrakech International Marathon in 3 hours and 57 minutes, running with the auspicious bib number “777” amidst thick fog. Thanks to dozens of dates and a couple of oranges, I was able to keep moving through the infamous wall that so brutally stopped me in Amsterdam.
Walking down to Djemaa el-Fna after the race, I got the same feelings of continental drift as back in 2009, that this is where the great desert begins. Now I have almost seven hours here at the airport until it is time to board Norwegian flight DY4528 for Stockholm and Arlanda Airport. Fortunately, I also have large number of unanswered student e-mails to work my way through. Bis gleich!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home