Friday, June 07, 2024

Voting time

Equipped with my finisher jacket from the Transgrancanaria Marathon back in February, I went down to the city library today to cast an early vote in the European elections as I have a trail race coming up on Sunday.

According to the election compasses that I have tested, I should vote for the liberals, something that I guess is a reflection of being pro-nuclear, pro-euro, and pro-integration in general. Obviously, that advice ignores more fundamental questions of social justice and how deeply I identify myself with the political Left (despite all its contemporary shortcomings). At least, there is no doubt that the Sweden Democrats is the party that I most strongly disagree with.

Otherwise, I started the day with grading followed by a 10k run with Anna across town to the Alchemist café near Vågmästareplatsen (an area that has truly changed since I lived in Gothenburg 15 years ago) for some really good coffee.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home