Friday, May 31, 2024

Dad visiting

Yesterday, my dad made a surprise visit to Gothenburg to the boys’ great joy. Despite working all night before (yes, despite turning 75 in October, my dad has a work ethic second to none), he was much more awake than I would have been, and we all had a nice dinner followed by ice cream and strawberries on the veranda.

Today, it is the last day of the semester, and I am on the train back from Halmstad where the third-year students had organized a memorable graduation lunch on the 22nd floor of the administration building. While it is sometimes easy to lose track of the human when grading pages after pages in Blackboard, it was heartwarming to hear how much the students have appreciated my feedback over the last year, and to witness how much they have grown through their studies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home