Friday, April 12, 2024

Slippery slope

Having left the kids at school, I started off in high spirits at Kungsportsplatsen shortly after 8 am this morning. Even if the skies were dark, it took an hour before the rain started falling just as I was climbing up Getryggen. 

Running in shorts, I soon realized that I had again underestimated how quickly one gets cold, but I nevertheless continued for two and half more hours along wet and slippery trails towards Jonsered. Knowing that the next section to Lerum would be on exposed cliffs with a lot of vertical over Goråsbergen, I decided to throw in the towel and take the train back to Gothenburg. Waiting at the platform, the rain really intensified, making me certain that it was the right decision.

Once at the railway station in Gothenburg, I had a large portion of fried rice, but it still took a long warm shower at home to somewhat restore my body temperature. After Denmark, I had promised myself not to underestimate the risk of hypothermia again but, apparently, I am a truly a goldfish at heart. As for Gotaleden, I will make a new attempt when the sun comes out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home