Monday, December 04, 2023

Mitochondria Monday

Once back on the West Coast last night, I made salmon with kale for dinner, served with Mikkeller’s non-alcoholic “Drink'in the snow” winter ale which I can wholeheartedly recommend for the festivities that lie ahead. 

And as for colder temperatures, walking back and forth to the station in Halmstad in minus ten degrees this morning, one could tell that the winter has truly come to Northern Europe with renewable-heavy Germany again seeing its emissions climb above 500 g/kWh electricity (compared to 25 g/kWh in Sweden). At least German journalists attending COP28 in Dubai appear honest when admitting that they “have no idea” about Sweden. Luckily, our current government is slightly better informed as it has been endorsing the new declaration to triple global nuclear energy capacity by 2050 (which, obviously, is still far below what would be needed to have a meaningful impact on climate change).

Taking a longer afternoon break away from my computer, I ran my first ever half marathon on the treadmill today, an experience that was just as brutal as one would expect, but the good news is that I am now firmly back on pace with regard to my goal of running 10k per day throughout 2023. Hopefully, I will finish with a few days to spare so that I can afford some rest if the winter temperatures in Kiruna get too extreme. Taking the Arctic Circle Train with the kids on 22 December, I am also very much looking forward to doing some cross-country skiing now when my shoulder has fully healed.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home