Sunday, December 03, 2023

Surprise trip

Throughout the autumn, Eddie has been asking me about going to Umeå so he could see his old friends. When one of them turned eleven and said that all he wished for his birthday was that Eddie would visit, it felt like the right time to book a surprise trip over the weekend.

Taking the train through the winter night, Eddie and I got up to Umeå around 8 am yesterday, ready for a full day of gaming, swimming at Navet, and some heartfelt reunions. For my part, I got to see Petra, run 5k around Bölesholmarna in true winter wonderland fashion, and hear all about Maj's mother's trip with a five-year old to Tokyo. Now aboard SK27, we have about 30 minutes to go until landing in Stockholm, and though I will be flying in the opposite direction already in ten days' time, this trip truly meant the world for Eddie.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home