Monday, August 14, 2023

Gearing up

With two weeks left until my classes begin, I had hoped for a full day at work but apparently “fritids” had other plans as they turned out to be closed today. Thus, between a visit to the dentist and a flooded basement, I was only able to spend a couple of hours planning my lectures and ordering the last books. Later in the afternoon, all of the family went up to Delsjön for a swim and, again, William impressed us, this time by swimming several hundred meters in one go.

Once back home, I made chicken with chanterelles and pancetta, served with the leftover wine from last week’s train adventure, and felt that this autumn is truly make it or break it as I will be teaching everything from quantitative methodology to French democratic theorists, all while finally trying to qualify for the Boston Marathon. Unfortunately, for the moment, the trains here on the West Coast are in complete disarray with rail replacement services also between Varberg and Kungsbacka, meaning that I will try to limit the number of times that I travel until I formally start my new position on 28 August.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home