Sunday, August 06, 2023

The calm before the storm

Despite a red weather advisory and expectations of a 50-year flood, the sky was still all blue this morning as I took the kids out for a 10k morning run/ride along Bohusleden.

Tomorrow morning, I expect conditions to be quite different as I head down to Halmstad for a first day at work. With the railway between Mölndal and Gothenburg Central Station still being repaired, I will have to take a rail replacement service for the first part of my journey, giving me a total travel time door-to-door of more than two hours each way.

For my run this morning, I pulled out my Salomon Ultra S/Lab 3 from the wardrobe, a pair of shoes that I have not used since Tjörnarparen 100k back in February. Running in the shoes, I was immediately thrown back to the wild forests, extinct volcanoes of central Skåne and a race that I will definitely attempt again next year. Having just wrapped up a week with 110 km of running, I am back to doing higher volumes again, and with no less than four races scheduled this fall, I will hopefully be ready to finally complete a 100k race in February.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home