Thursday, August 10, 2023

Älvtået

When Anna and I first moved to Umeå in 2014, there was an absolutely lovely café and “ekokrog” called “Älvtåets Gröna”, located a few kilometres upstream along the Ume River that was the kind of place that we would always take any visitors to. However, with its comfy hammocks in the garden and artisanal coffee, it quickly became a victim of its own success with super-long lines on the weekends and an overwhelming workload for the owners, forcing them to eventually close it down and instead focus on events and catering.

Yesterday, after SJ cancelled my return trip as well, I suddenly found myself having a night in Umeå which I spent over tapas with Petra. This morning, we met up again for a run along the river, passing Älvtåets Gröna, which made me feel immensely sentimental.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home