Thursday, August 10, 2023

The golden goose that just keeps giving

This trip. Now into its third day, I am currently about 60 km south of Stockholm with an estimated arrival time to Gothenburg well past midnight. Travelling alone, with double points in the bistro, it would be wrong to complain, especially as we just stopped in Järna to pick up passengers from an earlier train who had been waiting five hours in the middle of nowhere, but let’s just say that this trip turned out quite different from how I planned it.

In addition to the Italian wine, I at least have some cute company here in the first-class coach, all reminding me of the wild winter of 2009 when I spent many hours trying to get from Gothenburg to Lund with limited success but with lots of free food and time to work. These days, SJ has reduced their maximum compensation rate from 100% to 50% but with their new policy of reimbursing alternative travel arrangements up to 3,000 SEK for cancelled night trains, I think the trip will nevertheless end up as net positive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home