Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Hans

In the end, the storm "Hans" managed to screw up my travel plans after flooding washed away the railway track near Hudiksvall and trees fell on the alternative inland track. With my night train to Umeå cancelled, I was scrambling for options as SAS has a reduced domestic traffic programme over the summer months. Ultimately, I found a connection with the high-speed train to Stockholm and a morning flight with Norwegian, giving me one night in a hotel in Stockholm. Being me, I would of course not let such an opportunity pass so, shortly after 4 am, I laced up my Cliftons and went for a lovely morning run and now I am already at Joe & Juice in the terminal formerly known as Terminal 4.

With the storm having moved west, the sky is all clear right now and the sun is slowly rising. Hopefully, I will be in Umeå in time for a River Run with Elin before meeting Kalle and my co-supervisor Magnus. The big question then is if my night train tonight will be cancelled as well or if I will indeed make it back to Gothenburg as planned.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home