Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Blå Jungfrun

From Arches to Zion, I have covered my share of American national parks over the years. Prior to the pandemic, I have to admit that I was a lot less familiar with our Swedish ones though, with the exception of Stenshuvud of course, but since 2020 I have crossed off a good bunch, including Abisko and Skuleskogen.

In the latest STF Turist, they have an article about one of our least accessible national parks, namely the island of “Blå Jungfrun” located in the waters between northern Öland and the Swedish mainland.  Looking at the dramatic pictures over my morning coffee, I was reminded of a trip that I made there as a kid together with some friends of my family. However, for all the tens of thousands of pictures that I have stored in my Google Photos, that is apparently one time journey too far for Rawls & Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home