Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Mad Canary

Apparently, our local pizzeria “Ruccola” has new owners since some time back. Though I would not say that we are super regular customers, it is the only place here around so, despite hearing some people saying that the quality has gone down, we were happy to find that that was not the case, at least not for us today. Together with one of Brutal Brewing’s IPAs, it was a real treat to not have to make dinner for once, as much as I happen to love cooking.

Meanwhile, Lufthansa finally reached out to me regarding my missed connection in Frankfurt back in December. Instead of offering me compensation according to the EU 261/2004 regulation as they are legally obliged to, they are now offering me a “pragmatic solution” of 250 EUR, probably knowing very well that few people have the energy to challenge them in court. While I am confident that I would ultimately win the case, I am also one of those who feel that it would take too much time and effort to pursue this further, so I am going to accept their offer even if I find it to be sad business practice for an airline that I otherwise like flying with. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home