Saturday, April 30, 2022

Turn that doorknob

In my fantasies, I wake up long before the kids, skip making coffee in the Bialetti as to not wake the kids up and instead grab a cold Starbucks drink from the fridge, before going for a really long run in the forest. In reality, despite skipping the coffee, the kids were wide awake, so it took a while to get started. With Anna having to work all day on her PhD, I also had to cut my run short, opting for 10 km around Grössjön where there was still plenty of ice and snow on the trails. Nevetheless, it was a great run and I got to see both cranes and a really cute white hare who seemed to have missed that spring memo.

Seth James DeMoor often talks about how important it is to “keep turning that doorknob” as in being consistent with one's running. Looking back on April, I think I have been exactly that. Even if I fell 27 km short of running 300 km, I was still able to run 73 km more than last month, while rowing 28,000 meters and swimming 6,000 meters. All in all, I feel that I am on a good trajectory leading up to Fjällmaraton 100k in August and Chiltern Wonderland with Elin after that.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home