Saturday, April 30, 2022

Walpurgis

For once, it is not snowing on the last day of April here in Umeå. Not that the magnolia is blooming either as we are still 1,240 km away from Lund, not to mention another thousand kilometres from Niederösterreich. But William has made the loveliest card and, running through the forest this morning, the cranes set the scene for Walpurgis Night as in Faust:

“Und über Flächen, über Seen

Der Kranich nach der Heimat strebt”

For the occasion I am making shrimp toasts followed by pasta with asparagus, olives, and almonds together with a glass of Grüner Veltliner. 

Completely unrelated, I realize that I forgot to mention that the article that I have written with my PhD student Kalle is now online and freely available to download thanks to the university’s open access agreement.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home