Friday, April 29, 2022

Treadmill torture

It should come as no surprise that treadmills were initially conceived as atonement machines for prisoners, causing the incarcerated to suffer and hopefully learn from their sweat. Along similar lines, I ran 10 km this morning at USM in a 4:16 min/km pace, reminding me again how hard it must be to run a sub three-hour marathon as that is the exact pace that one must sustain throughout.

Afterwards, I attended the successful dissertation defence of one of our PhD students who has written about the construction of “safety” in public spaces. On the bike home, I then received an e-mail telling me that my grant application for hybrid learning environments has been approved so, with Anna back from Växjö, it felt perfectly appropriate to end the week by returning to Turkish Airlines with the house pinot noir from Marlborough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home