Sunday, December 26, 2021

10k

This morning, I was finally back to running again. Despite an outdoor temperature of -12 degrees, it did not feel particularly cold as I jogged around the frozen lake. Once back home, I made some coffee in my Malta mug and a sesame bagel, feeling immensely grateful for how 2021 turned out. Despite the pandemic, it has truly been an incredible year with lots of travel, races and academic publications.

Looking ahead, The New England Journal of Medicine just published an interesting piece on the future of the pandemic and vaccinations, underscoring how notoriously difficult it has been to predict what will happen next and the futility in believing (like China still does) that the virus can be eliminated. For my own part, I am thinking that maybe I have been overly pessimistic and that, for instance, campus teaching may very well happen as planned in January.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home