Thursday, October 28, 2021

Hands were raw

In his 2009 inaugural address, Barack Obama, when referring to previous generations who built America, said that they “worked till their hands were raw”. After completing 10k of indoor rowing at USM today, my hands somehow reminded me of that quote. Like last time, it took quite a bit of imagination and perseverance to not give up halfway through. Still, I guess part of it is simply that I am unused to real physical work, spending most of my days in front of the computer or taking care of the kids.

As for the kids, they have, sadly, not recovered from their colds so tomorrow will be yet another day at home with them. It is a bit unfortunate since I still have about 60 exams to mark so I will probably have to spend most of the weekend marking as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home