Saturday, April 10, 2021

Trail run to the sea

Waking up shortly before 6 am with a slight headache from last night (as tradition has it), I set off along the trails leading out to Saltsjöbaden. After months with deep snow in Umeå, it was such a liberating feeling to be able to run freely in the forest, jumping over old logs and getting soaked in mud. After 14 or so kilometres, I made it out to the sea and “Solsidan” where the richest of the rich struggle to park their three Teslas.

To my surprise, parts of the trail were pretty technical with slippery rocks, almost reminding me of Höga Kusten 43k back in September. Other parts were very runnable and fast so on average I got a perfect first trail run of the season. Afterwards, Ally and I took the subway up to the university for lunch at “Bergianska trädgården” which had an absolutely lovely orangery and blooming gardens to explore.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home