Saturday, November 06, 2021

Sub-zero

After a week with so many shades of grey, the sky finally cleared, and the temperature dropped back below zero. With Anna back from her hotel stay, I laced up my Hoka Mach 4 daily trainers and went for my favourite 16 km countryside loop at a slightly higher pace than usual despite that only five days have passed since my Monday Marathon. As such, I was happy that my legs held up really well for the first 10 km, especially since I have only taken one day off after the marathon. Still, with only one week between Xterra Malta 50k and Cyprus Marathon, resting will clearly be paramount. 

Meanwhile, down in Uppsala, my colleagues at work are taking on Uppsala Marathon and, on the other side of the pond, Seth James DeMoor is getting ready to run the 50th edition of the New York City Marathon tomorrow.

For those wanting to run further yet, Kullamannen 100 miles has been quite captivating to follow with two Strava friends running. When it comes to these extreme distances, time is obviously secondary, and just to finish is in itself an incredible achievement. Though still beyond my present ability, I am confident that, as long as I can avoid any serious injuries, I should be able to do these kinds of ultra long races in a couple of years from now. As much as I like speed, I would say that developing that physical ability is really my main goal going forward.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home