Thursday, April 01, 2021

Rabl

Breaking with tradition, I went for Riesling rather than Grüner Veltliner but I am still firmly in Niederösterreich. Exactly a year ago, I called my father to tell him that I was about to quit my job at the university and instead aim for a career as a professional runner. He took me entirely seriously, arguing that I should keep my job as it still gave me plenty of time to run. I do not know who was the April’s Fool by the time our phone conversation was over :-)

As the Swedish middle class engages in ever more extreme forms of culinary brinkmanship, I should not have been surprised when finding gravlax cured in absinthe at COOP. Apparently, I could not resist buying some. Together with potatoes, manchego cheese and Danish rye bread it certainly felt like a good way to kick off the Easter holidays.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home