Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Dawn's early light

Since I got my new Polar watch back in February, I have occasionally been measuring my sleep, taking particular interest in the “nightly recharge” function. Estimating how well my autonomic nervous system is able to calm down during the night, this function gives me an indication of where I am with regard to overall training volume and stress in general.

Waking up this morning with the first sunlight, I felt refreshed and ready for a Tuesday when I will mix article writing with about 30 km of running as I am trying out different gear for Mörbylångaleden. Looking at the bus timetable, the plan right now is to skip the first bus at 5.40 am and instead sleep in a bit, enjoy my hotel breakfast and then take the bus at 8.10 am to Ottenby where I will start my run. Reading about the trail, the hardest part will be the first half which has very limited services. Hopefully, I will run into some nice people along the route whom I can ask for water. Unless something out of the ordinary happens, I estimate that I will need around 10-11 hours to complete the entire 83 km rail, meaning that I will be at the Färjestaden around 9 pm, just in time to take the bus across the bridge.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home