Saturday, March 27, 2021

Carbon fibre

This morning I went for my first run in the Hoka Carbon X 2 that I was able to pick up in size 48 just as they were released about a month ago. As the name suggests, the shoe comes with a carbon fibre plate, something that I have been wanting to try for a long time, in fact ever since I was five years old in Växjö and insisted on buying "bubbelhoppskor". 

Running the virtual Hoka Torekov-Båstad “Inspirationsloppet” with Elin, I have to say that I just loved the shoe. Branded as an “endurance racer”, it had a propulsive speed that definitely made the running feel a lot easier with support throughout the gait cycle. However, unlike when racing Göteborgsvarvet half marathon back in May last year in 1 hour and 35 minutes, we decided to hold back a bit and keep a conversational pace. Still, as we were speeding up for the last kilometre, I felt that shoe had so much more to give, making me very excited for Trondheim Marathon in September.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home