Friday, March 26, 2021

Mörbylångaleden

Last night I received yet another schedule change from Lufthansa which would have made it necessary to stay one more night at Arlanda on the return, further extending my trip. In combination with constantly shifting travel advice and the risk that Sweden would end up on the Robert Koch Institute's dreaded “variant list”, I decided to bite the bullet and cancel my trip to Malta. While the actual race has not been called of yet, I have a hard time seeing it happening under the current circumstances. Instead, I activated my back-up plan and pivoted to an 83 km solo trail adventure through the World Heritage landscape of southern Öland. My plan is to run in my red Salomon S/Lab Ultra 2 that I originally purchased to run Tjörnarparen 100k back in February which was ultimately cancelled.

Yes, this is a challenging time for runners and non-runners alike. Even if my parents will not have received their two shots of vaccine by then, we will at least be able to meet outdoors which I very much look forward to.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home