Tuesday, April 06, 2021

Cross-training

Tuesday morning and I am two days into my non-runstreak. Having bought a new “Stålhästen” bike that will be delivered to Örnsköldsvik in a couple of weeks from now, I thought I would do some cross-training and ride down to the airport. While probably unrealistic, the plan is to ride the new bike all the way back home to Umeå which is a distance of 131 km according to Google Maps.

As a kid, I basically grew up on my bike, always one wrong turn away from death. On the weekends, I also remember long rides with my parents on Öland. But beyond that, I never been much of a cyclist, seeing my bike just as a mean of everyday transportation. However, as with many things in my life, Strava has had a bad influence on me and now I have started dreaming of fast rides out to the Baltic and one day perhaps even doing “Vätternrundan”. Nevertheless, I have been reluctant to become one of those slightly tragic 40+ men who spend thousands of euros on bikes (even if bikes are still way better than sport cars). As such, a Stålhästen Sport single-speed for 3,995 SEK felt like the perfect compromise.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home