Monday, February 08, 2021

Polar Vantage M

After much deliberation, I decided that the time was ripe to trade my old Suunto for a new sports watch that will allow me to run for longer than the 6-7 hours of battery time that I currently have. Given that I have several ultras coming up, including a 100 km “Fjällmaraton” in August, I jumped on a XXL sale for a Polar Vantage M that comes with 30+ hours of battery time, enough even for my long-term dream of running from one end to the other on the island Öland. In addition to extended battery time, I am really looking forward to more reliable heart rate readings, in particular when biking.

For my first run, I took the Polar watch out to Innertavle to pick up the boys in the Thule Cougar. Speeding up on the way out, I loved seeing the watch briefly recording a 3:35 min/km pace despite all the snow and my heavy shoes. The interface seems intuitive enough and I look forward to exploring more of the different functions over the coming days. 

Once back home, I could not resist making another of Julia Tuvesson’s recipes, this time brown saffron butter with passata and gnocchi for a vegetarian dinner. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home