Monday, October 19, 2020

Proof of concept

When training for the Pikes Peak Marathon, Seth James DeMoor had a sled that he put weights on and pushed across the gym floor. Along similar lines, I put both boys inside the new Thule Cougar this morning and set off into the snowstorm. To my great relief, the concept worked and I was able to deliver the boys to the school in Innertavle 2.6 km and 16 minutes later. Now I just have to repeat the same feat again this afternoon and twice per day for the coming six months...

If successful, I plan to get much of my base training this way and only add one or maybe two long runs per week, which should be sufficient to get me to 100 km of running per week. Throw in some pool time on top of that and I think I will be ready for anything next summer.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home