Monday, September 21, 2020

Byron Bay

This morning, Jon sent me some pictures as he was about to fly up to Byron Bay where he, apparently, had never been, something that I guess says a lot about the geographical scale of the Australian continent. With all overseas tourists gone, I imagine that it must be the perfect time to visit.

From the opposite corner of the country, I found a glass of “Jeanneret Big Fine Girl” which is all new at Systembolaget. Repeating the instant success from the weekend of wraps with creme cheese, grilled pepper and basil, it was easy to dream away and forget that I really look like shit. Today I had thesis supervision on Zoom and the student seemed rather shocked by my appearance. Hopefully, it will heal up soon so I can go back to recording new lectures for my social work students who start their studies at the end of the month. Looking back on the race on Strava, I can see that it went really well all the time until it did not, a feeling that was reinforced when the race organizers posted this photo of me about 25 kilometres into the race.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home