Sunday, September 27, 2020

Brasato al Barolo

Having already done both Höga Kusten 43k and Bergslagsleden Ultra this month, I was hesitant to commit to another all-out marathon effort. Still, when Tallinn Marathon got cancelled and turned into a virtual event, it would be stupid not to run those 42 km, now when I already paid for both the medal and the t-shirt, even if it meant running at a somewhat slower pace. However, after all that Andreas, Sabinha and the others had endured at Obbola Backyard, it almost felt like cheating to wait for the rain to stop before doing my four loops around the lake. Running in my Pegasus 36 Shields, I was able to complete the full marathon distance in 3 hours and 57 minutes, which I still consider to be a decent marathon time.

Afterwards, I was happy that I had made some Brasato al Barolo yesterday so I could just add polenta and a glass of Campolieti, all giving a very distinct feeling of autumn. Next Saturday, it is time for Tvåälvsloppet 28k up in Vindeln but first a few days of recovery.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home