Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Ultra prep

For my birthday on Friday, I am planning a 50+ km ultra near Sweden’s highest mountain, Kebnekaise. As such, I have taken two rest days in a row but this morning I felt like I wanted to wrap up Strava’s 300 km endurance challenge for July and also do a bit of sightseeing in Kiruna to see how the city has changed since December.

While keeping a really slow recovery pace of 6 min/km for most of the run, I did race up the infamous “Runabacken” in a Grade Adjusted Pace of 3:08 min/km which was enough to set a new Course Record. Running in my Pegasus 36 Shield that have the same pop as the non-shield version, I was reminded of how versatile and cushioned the Pegasus line-up really is.

A thousand kcal later, I am now home constructing exam questions for my social work students while waiting for another shoe box to arrive from Outnorth in Växjö so that I can head out up the mountains on Friday.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home