Saturday, July 18, 2020

Staycation

The trending word of the year has to be “hemester”, as in not travelling anywhere for vacation. Learning that the Queen of the Skies is leaving British Airways after nearly 50 years of loyal service, I felt a weird sadness at what the world is coming to and our mercantilist response to the Covid-19 epidemic. More visionary politicians would have doubled down on globalization, promising to solve this together for all of humanity rather than closing down borders, understanding that mutual exchange does not make us vulnerable but stronger.

At Väven, I "rescued" an old El País that was about to become wrapping paper for flowers. Together with a Tortilla Española and a glass of red wine, I at least try to make the best of our staycation. With Anna back from her virtual summer school, I was also able to go for two runs today, first one 5k interval workout in my Hoka Rincons and then a half marathon trail run in my old and muddy Salomon Speedcross 4. With one more CR for the chalkboard, I plan to go for a longer and slower run tomorrow around the Ume River delta.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home