Thursday, July 16, 2020

Cold water swimming

Halfway through my week alone with the kids, there has not been much time to compose blog posts but, like with the running, I hope to be able to catch up a bit over the weekend. Right now, I am just enjoying our time together, playing board games and getting Eddie a new and bigger bike for the autumn.

This morning, I was able to persuade the kids to come along down to the shores of Nydalasjön. Equipped with an old Tintin volume, they patiently waited as I activated the open water swimming mode of my Suunto watch and submerged myself into the searing cold water. As before, Suunto gave a grossly inflated estimation of my speed and distance (basically doubling it) but it was absolutely blissful once I got acclimatized in my wet suit.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home