Friday, July 17, 2020

Breaking 20, well almost

Back in December, I set the Kiruna gym treadmill on 15.5 km/h and, holding on to the best of my ability, I was able to run 5k in 19 minutes and 39 seconds, thus achieving my goal of running 5k in under 20 minutes before the old decade was out.

Suffering from severe withdrawal symptoms from not running, I bribed the kids into coming along to Campus Arena this afternoon to repeat the same feat but this time outside. Running 12.5 loops in my Adidas SL20, I unfortunately fell 11 annoying seconds short but at least I was able to set a new outdoor 5k PR.

For dinner, I made a consolation chanterelle toast with a glass of pinot noir, a perfect escapist treat, especially considering that Lonely Planet “Southern Italy” arrived in the mail earlier today.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home