Friday, July 24, 2020

Beast

A novel about life on a west-country moor and a cup of black coffee. It is early morning as train 92 makes its way north.

Six months ago, there would have been nothing strange with this scene, now it feels like a high-risk adventure to take the kids up to Kiruna for a couple of weeks. Hopefully, we will not pick anything up on the train but remain healthy and ready for the great outdoors of the High North. I have already looked up a number of segments on Strava that I am eager to check out, including a possible FKT attempt up Ädnamvaara.

As for the novel, it helps closing the circle as I was very much dreaming of England and its moors last time I was in Kiruna. Back then, I still had South Devon Ultra to look forward to, now I really do not know when I will be able to return.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home