Tuesday, July 09, 2019

Suunto time

For a while, I have been thinking of getting a sports watch so I could keep track of my heart rate when running and not having to bring my three year old Samsung S7 with me, especially as its battery time is getting shorter and shorter. When Suunto had a 30% discount now in July, I finally decided on a Spartan Trainer that I received yesterday just in time for my evening trail run. For the first two kilometres, the heart rate was wildly off as I was wearing it too loose but when I fastened the strap a bit the readings stabilized and now it works like a charm.

This morning, I got a new chance to test the watch on one of my lake runs. For once, I turned immediately right after the so called “China bridge” and discovered a small trail that let me skip the one kilometre of asphalt that has otherwise been interrupting the feeling of being in “nature”. Towards the end of the run, I also threw in some speedwork, running one kilometre in just over 4 minutes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home