Feeling the heat
After running the Angel Island Half Marathon in 1 hour and 49 minutes, I had great expectations for Kalmar and its flat course. Running at around 4:40 min/km for the first five kilometres, I seemed on track to set a new PR, but as the sun was blazing down on the asphalt and the temperature climbed to 29 degrees, I felt that my heart rate was way too high and that I urgently needed to slow down. So I did, deciding instead to enjoy the views of my hometown and ultimately finishing 130th out of the 280 runners who completed the race.
This experience, of course, makes me very tempted to run Tavelsjö again in August. It also gives me a better appreciation of what a really good job my colleague Rolf did when he ran Stockholm Marathon last year in the extreme heat.
Labels: running


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home