Saturday, July 06, 2019

Pegasus

Through a fierce morning rain, I took my Nike Pegasus 35 out for some light racing. I have now had these shoes for a little more than a month and they have quickly become my go-to shoes. They are fast but also soft enough to support long-distance running and, while I would not take them out for a quick 5k race, they are definitely a favourite for easy days.

Talking about kilometres, this afternoon I finally made it to 100 km in one single week. With Anna leaving for Wales tomorrow, I am not sure if there will be much time for running so I thought I better seize the opportunity. Instead of building training volume, I may try to set a new 5k PR next week even as it may be hard to summon the same energy as that ghostly morning when I was racing in the fog near LAX. Maybe I should rather take comfort in the fact that I did not end up in the Los Angeles County Archives like some long-forgotten crime story from the 1950’s back then but rather made it safely back to the hotel.

To celebrate that and my first ever 100+ km week, I did the only sensible thing and ordered some pizza for dinner. At Systembolaget, I found a bottle of Pegasus Bay Riesling which, according to the tasting protocol, would taste of almond blossom, green apples and petroleum (sic!). Considering the week that lies ahead, some high-octane lemonade seemed like a good choice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home