Friday, June 28, 2019

Grand Bazaar

Eleven years ago, I was strolling through the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul on my way back from Armenia. In one of the shops, I found a “Boss” black leather wallet that seemed to be of surprisingly good quality (ignoring the numerous grammatical errors on the accompanying piece of paper). 10 euros or so later I came into possession of what turned out to be the best wallet of my life and, as such, it has been following me since.

Yesterday evening on the flight down to Kalmar with Eddie that changed. As Eddie was falling aslep, I had just paid for an iconic SAS “polarrulle”. After that, somehow, my wallet fell out of my backpack and landed on the cabin floor. Which I did not notice until this morning when I was about to take the train to Copenhagen for the visa application. So, instead of a trip to Ghana’s embassy in Hellerup, I ended up with an extra summer day at the Baltic (and, luckily, SAS did find the wallet so I will get it back in Stockholm on Monday).

As for summer days, for my half marathon tomorrow, the forecast promises temperatures up to 28 degrees and abundant sushine so I guess I will have to plan accordingly and drink a lot in order to avoid dehydration.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home