Friday, June 21, 2019

Oceanic

Closing the hotel door behind me, I suddenly found myself looking into the eyes of a grey deer who was standing only a few metres away. We calmly observed each other for what felt like minutes, I even got to say good morning in Swedish before the deer jumped back into the forest.

Afterwards, I decided to follow the shoreline to Sausalito for my morning run instead of crossing that red bridge over to the Presidio. The salty air helped clear my head a bit after all the intellectual frenzy and I am reminded that today is Midsummer's Eve; “midsommar med alla trolska krafter som hör därtill”.

Breakthrough Dialogue is ending with a plenary on ocean restoration and how to protect aquatic life. Ahead of me I now have two days on my own in the Bay Area that I plan to fill with a half marathon race on Angel Island and lots of article writing. Hopefully, I will be able bring some of the raw academic energy of the Dialogue into my writing.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home