Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Lake Merritt

Last year I was up at the Lafayette Reservoir but this morning I am in Oakland racing around the tidal lagoon known as Lake Merritt. Despite a lingering sore throat holding me back a bit, I was able to set a new outdoor PR on the 5 km distance.

Meanwhile, in Sweden, the columnist Kajsa Dovstad has written a story that has gone viral about her perceived loss of cultural homogeneity. While some, like Daniel Ogalde, have already tried to put things into perspective, the story would probably make George Lakoff feel vindicated in that so much comes down to the metaphors we use. I would of course also like to add a profound lack of moral imagination; that so few people seem able to take a future-oriented perspective, that they are so tied down by their own insecurities that they fail to see the bigger picture and what could be possible if we were to truly challenge ourselves.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home