Sunday, June 23, 2019

Angel Island

That was something different. I thought I was well prepared, I had even brushed my teeth this morning with my new Swiss toothbrush but Angel Island Half Marathon turned out to be far more technical than I had expected. I also completely forgot to stand close to the starting line (there was no seeding) which meant that I was unable to pass other runners on the many sections that were single track. Still, I guess I should be happy considering (a) I did not fall off a cliff and (b) I managed to run a half marathon on an official chip time of 1 hours and 49 minutes up a damn mountain while enjoying the most beautiful views of the Bay.

After taking the ferry back to Tiburon, I am now in Silicon Valley at my Aloft hotel which sadly has a new décor that does not trigger the same memories from China as the one in East London. But at 90 USD per night for a suite, it was a steal and, thinking more about it, the smell is in fact identical to the one in Xianglanqi :-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home