Monday, June 24, 2019

Polaris Lounge

After submitting my revised book chapter to the editors, I had a chance to finally check out the United Polaris Lounge at SFO with its sit-down dining section. Starting at the bar, I ordered one “On the rum” with Caña Brava, mint, lime juice and prosecco which was simply intoxicating good. Then, moving over to the “dining room”, I went for the cedar plank salmon with pea puree and a glass of the “The Crossings” from N.Z. before ordering the chocolate truffle cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Overall, I would say that the quality of the food was just as good as what you would find in a nice restaurant but that it did feel a bit strange to walk away without paying. Given that I may not return to California for years, this nevertheless felt like the perfect ending to a great adventure. Now I have about two hours until it is time to board TK80 for Istanbul where Ekrem İmamoğlu just won a landslide victory with his message of “radical love” which, esoteric as it may sound, may just be the way to overcome the divisive rhetoric of populism.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home