Friday, August 17, 2018

The Moroccan Polo

When teaching, I am sometimes tempted to illustrate a specific point by showing a Youtube video. However, over the years, I have learnt the hard way to never improvise this by searching for something on Youtube in front of the class as this will inevitably reveal my browser history (which tends to include an embarrassing number of Star Trek Discovery clips).

Not that I would ever admit such a thing on my blog (blink blink) but I have recently been watching some videos by David Zaritsky on how to be a “frugal Bond”. Thanks to one of these videos and a small New Zealand producer called Magnoli Clothiers that specializes in reproducing film clothes, I have been able to get my hands on the famous navy polo shirt that Bonds wears in Morocco without having to pay hundreds of dollars for the Tom Ford original. Already when I watched Spectre in Montreal three years ago, I fell in love with this particular polo so it feels great to now have added it to my wardrobe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home