Friday, December 01, 2023

Rambo Mosse

After waking up on the floor in Örebro next to a flat-coated retriever, I spent all day yesterday working on an article before taking the train down to Mölndal for my final race this year. Though I had wished for it to be the Valencia Marathon, Rambo Mosse Night Trail surely did not disappoint with hundreds of participants, many wearing jackets from different orienteering clubs, and pitch torches everywhere.

Running almost 12 km on frozen and gnarly trails, I was happy to have taken my Salming iSpike shoes with steel studs even if the grip was not always perfect on the slippery rock slabs. Running with a group of other runners, I was again reminded of how much it helps to be used to running ultra distances as people started running out of energy after 8-9 kilometres. Still, I was careful not to fall or injure my feet, accepting that it cost me a few positions, ultimately finishing as number 56 of 167 people completing the race.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home