Sunday, May 28, 2023

Overtraining

While making some roasted vegetables with halloumi and kale for dinner last night, I opened a view in my Samsung Health app that I had not seen before, similar to Strava’s activity summary. I have to say that seeing the last month of training summed up like this was a bit shocking, especially the fact that I have not taken a single rest day in all of May. 


While I do not have any pain in my Achilles tendons or anywhere else (except my left arm which still has not fully healed from the skiing injury but that is obviously unrelated), I am wondering if I am maybe pushing myself too hard here and that I would see bigger improvements with more rest? Yet, not running is not that easy for me as I have clearly become addicted. And today is race day in Stadsliden but perhaps I should be kind to myself if I am not able to run my fastest. However, before racing Öland Ultra Trail on 17 June, I promise to take a few days off.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home