Friday, May 19, 2023

Kammen


When originally planning this weekend, I had hoped to take the ferry over to Vaasa in Finland with my parents but, sadly, they had to remain in Kalmar so instead I settled for a shorter excursion with a rental car just me and the kids. More specifically, driving about 80 km towards the northwest from Umeå, we got to see one of the best marked eskers in Västerbotten that I first discovered when running Isälvsleden with Elin two years ago.

After hiking about three kilometres along the ridge, we had a BBQ down at the water. Had I been Sofi, I would of course had gone swimming, but as I am not that cool, at least not on my own, I simply took in the views and the calm of “Åmträsket” before it was time to take the kids on a short rowing lesson.


Staying close to the shore as we had no life vests, it was still a nice throwback to my own childhood and our Askeladden rowing boat. Unlike back in 2011, there was no rain and by the time we got back to Umeå, the sky had turned all blue, which of course meant that I had to go for a lake run while the boys stayed indoors playing Minecraft.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home