Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Achilles tendon

When I first learnt about overtraining, I was confused as to why people did not just take a few days off and allowed their bodies to absorb the training before going out again. However, as I have become increasingly addicted to running myself, I understand that it is not that simple.

During my second 100+ km week, my Achilles tendons were beginning to feel irritated with some pain and swelling. While logic clearly told me that I needed to cut back on my running volume, I knew I would have to do that anyway during my upcoming trip so I decided to push on although I did end up running a bit less last week. And after only running a kilometre at the gym yesterday, I was feeling better today so I went for a half marathon in my red Craft V175, even as I recognized that this was a stupid form of gambling as I really want to be in this game for the long run. But with this run behind me, I promise to take a few rest days and let my ankles heal.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home