Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Grass widower


This spring, Anna has spent quite a bit of time in Gothenburg as she has already started her new position as senior lecturer at Gothenburg University. Though only temporary as we will all be moving south in less than two months, this means that I have been practicing life as a grass widower and becoming even more impressed by all those single parents out there.


For once, I woke up before the kids this morning, so I was able to go for an early run around the lake. Getting soaked by the rain, I was reminded of Ultravasan last year, and how much I want to take on another really long race again. First, however, I need to start tapering for Blodomloppet 10k next Tuesday, where my only goal is to beat my current outdoor PR of 43 minutes and 44 seconds, a PR I set with Elin when we did a virtual seeding race for Göteborgsvarvet back in 2019. To do that, I need to stay under 4:23 min/km which I have done repeatedly on the treadmill when running 10k but never outside (though I came pretty close once during the pandemic).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home